Friday, December 28, 2012

Blythe - Calendar Girls Flickr Group & My Blythe Doll Winona Grace For January

I was on Blythe Kingdom Forum yesterday and I happened upon a wonderful thread informing us members of this new Blythe Calendar Girls Flickr group.  I immediately joined and then shortly after that posted some pictures of my Winona Grace, a lovely All In Gold BL Takara Blythe doll, that I took minutes after, from my snowy back yard.

My friend Winnie, whom I met at the first ever 2004 Toronto Blythe doll meet, made this beautiful outfit that Winona Grace is wearing in the pictures.  It reminds me so much of something a Russian princess would wear and I think that my goldie looks Russian so that is pretty much why I picked that outfit and Winona Grace as my January girl.  Sure Canada is not as cold as Russia but since Toronto got this huge blast of snow I thought it was as close as it will get this year ;) (more snow on the way too!)

I have to tell you that I had so much fun capturing what I felt were some pretty amazing shots.  I tell you once I get inspired I really do seem to grasp my favorite dolls in such a terrific light.  I don't find it that hard either because using Blythe dolls as a subject does make it easier to get that perfect shot.  I try to aim for a place that offers me a lot of natural light and if I don't have that then I resort to using the flash feature but I know that they won't be as stunning.  I 99% of the time wait for the natural light, even if I am shooting indoors.  I think the last time I did use it I was just showcasing my Blythe doll collection where there is no natural light at all since they are in a temporary location.






I know that you can take great pictures of your blythe doll too.  I don't even use a very expensive professional camera.  I have a Canon Powershot ELPH 320 HS  that I picked up for less than $200 bucks, taxes in!  It's a wi-fi camera, so when I am on the road, and as long as I have an internet connection, I can immediately upload them to my Canon account and/or Facebook.  You can also upload your videos to YouTube, as well!  I found the Canon site to be great for personal storage but the links stop working if you have a lot of people looking at your pics on blogs and forums.  I find that Flickr is the best photo storage sharing site because they will not short out even if there are tons of people accessing the pics and they do offer a copyright on your pictures too.  The camera comes in neat colors too and it's very slim so it's easy to carry in a small purse or pocket.  Be sure to edit out your private information on Flickr because it will show up if you don't.  I had my name and phone number displaying at first until my husband mentioned to go to the options and remove that.  Thanks, honey! 

Luv,
A xo
BigEyedBuys.com

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I appreciated your sweet comment Flavie <3

      Delete
  2. You are one of my Liebster Award nominations! More info is in my blog, but meanwhile, here are the rules: Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves. They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to The rules are: They must then choose 11 special bloggers to tag & award with the Liebster award with less than 200 followers. These lucky bloggers must be told in a comment on their blog. Have fun!
    http://booksbowtiesandballsofyarn.blogspot.com/2013/02/an-unexpected-honour.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much Aurelas! I will check the link ;)

    ReplyDelete